| About | Find me |

Sunday 31 July 2011

Story of a (Quite) Pretty Auntie

Pretty much all the honest truth telling in the world is done by children.
Oliver Wendell, an American physician, teacher and author 

I was visiting my lovely little niece and nephews when Hana, my 7 years old niece told me that she adores my long wavy hair. Hana, who had just her hair cut because of some scalp problem, really likes to play with my hair. She combed it, put ribbons on it, and acted like she is the best hairdresser in town. Then she said that the day before she accompanied her mother to some Indonesian traditional spa. “I wanted to get some spa treatment too,” she told me, “so that I could be quite beautiful like you, Tante.”

Well, I quite flattered when she told me that I’m pretty. It’s just that the word ‘quite’ bothered me, a lot. LOL. If the quote written above is true, then I'd be (quite) happy. It was a nice-to-be-heard truth, really, knowing that someone adores you and thinks that you are quite pretty.

The niece and nephews

Not so long after, my cousin--who happened to live there--came. It has been a long time since our last meeting, no wonder she looked amazed when she saw me, as she said “Wow, you look darker!” 

Darker. My good Lord. That was the last word I wanted to hear, since I have been using this whitening product with a lot of anti-UV and high SPF cream around my body and face. And all that I heard was that I’m getting darker
.
You see, truth hurts. But then I found this quote:
Better a lie that soothes than a truth that hurts
 Czech Proverb quotes

Fair enough.
Truth hurts, we all know about it. But sometime we have to learn to control which truth we should spill out first.

I've been using whitening product but I’m getting darker, story of my life.
LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed. I hope that's okay with you :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Putdar Haha! That's so okay! Justru seneng karena cerita ini ternyata emang lucu XD..

    ReplyDelete

Anything you want to tell me? Say it nicely, please :)