| About | Find me |

Monday 1 August 2011

Story of a Potterhead (or not)


I can't say whether I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter or not since:
  • I don't have the complete series, I only have the Goblet of Fire copy which I get as a Christmas Present in 2002 (but I've read them all by borrowing, obviously!)
  • I didn't watch all of the HP movies in theater, only the 4th, 5th and the 6th (tho I'll be going to watch the part 2 of the 7th tomorrow, yay!)
  • I'm not memorizing any of the spells. (I happen to have a friend who know all the spells and charms.)
  • I have just finished reading the 7th book last week
That's why, when the Potterfever spread across my Tumblr dash, at first, I don't really care. I just thought that these people who posted their feelings about the end of Harry Potter series were overreacted. But then my best friend, who was really really really surprised that I haven't read the "Deathly Hallows" lend me her copy (the Bloomsbury Slytherin locket jacket cover edition!) with a pitiful expression.
Now I don't even remember why I didn't have the Potterfever when the last book published, why I didn't get over-excited to read the book soon. I really have no idea.

I finished the "Deathly Hallows" less than a week, during my trip to Malang and Blitar. The second I finished reading it, I was like "Gosh, where have I been?" And those Potterfever around Tumblr are now make sense.

As soon as I arrived in Surabaya, I downloaded "Deathly Hallows" part 1. I spent my time watching the movie grasping and holding my breath. I spent the next hours reblogging every post about Harry Potter in Tumblr, browsing randomly till I stuck in this site, Pottermore, trying to get an early registration chances which most of people say, hard to get.

But today, I was lucky enough to enter the site and be the part of early registration, yay! Can't wait to really join the Pottermore world!

I'm a lucky magical folk (according to Pottermore, LOL), story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to tell me? Say it nicely, please :)