| About | Find me |

Friday 6 April 2012

The Awesomeness of Being an Sixth Semester Undergraduate Student


Might wonder why I disappear from the blogworld? It’s because I’m not really good at managing my time. Some people would easily spare their time for blogging. But I find it hard to share anything while my mind works busily around my academic live.

It’s the fifth week of my sixth semester. It has been awesome. I take some Industry-Organizational Psych class which subjects are very interesting. In every meeting, we discuss about organizational behavior, career, competence at work and people in organization. I also take Counseling class, where I learn the basic of being a counselor (although I don’t consider being a counselor in the future). 

The most important class I take is the Research Methodology class. Here, I prepare myself to write the so-called thesis. Dear Lord, my scholarly life is at stake in this class. Because the final project for this subject is a thesis proposal. I really hope I could finish a fix thesis proposal at the end of this semester and started doing my thesis next semester. Wish me luck!

Because I want to be really serious on doing my Research Methodology assignments, a lot of my time wasted   being used for journal hunting and literature searching. I still surf the web every day—I even spend more online time than usual for this purpose. (Even though I spend 1/8 of the browsing time scrolling down the 9gag hot page).  Two times a week, every Research Methodology class member has to upload their research progress at our campus web called the Psyche. This is why I'm getting very busy; because I have to do loads of research.

Psyche is awesome. I think your college or university must be having this kind of site too. Some of my friends assumed that our campus is the only institution which have this kind of interactive site. Well, they could be wrong. I believe that out there, sites like Psyche are plenty.

Tagged with “Psychology Classroom Hybrid Education”, Psyche offers a lot of useful feature like study material download, class online forum where you can discuss academic-related-talks in the site and project (assignment) submission. We even do our quiz online here in Psyche. It also provides academic information and announcements like scholarship or student exchange offers. Of course, it can only be accessed by Unair’s Psychology students. But here’s some sneak peak;
the Psyche dashboard
Recently my campus Information System Department developed Psyche into some kind of local social-network. We could send message to the lecturers or fellow students. We even can chat the like the Facebook-way chat. It also have a profile page, a dashboard and wall. 

the lesson page
Here's my Organizational Behavior lesson page. The lecturers of this subject likes to uploads a lot of learning supplement like articles, journals or text books.

The Psyche web is only faculty or so-called-local-level site. For the university or the bigger scoop level, there's UACC or Universitas Airlangga Cyber Campus. UACC controls every academic activity like your academic schedule, academic calendar, attendance record, grade book, study plan for particular semester (I don't know what it is called in English, but here we called it "Kartu Rencana Studi"), achievement record (like when you win something) and many more...

Oh, the other awesome thing about Psyche is the text notification service. As I said before, we submitted our assignment through the web. Every time the project deadline gets closer, Psyche will intensively text you about the approaching deadline. Not only texting about deadlines, every time a lecture (or anyone) posts in the forum, Psyche will generously tell you through text. Once, I received about 50 texts notification in a day from Psyche because a class forum gets so active. (un)Fortunately, this service cannot be disabled.

My college friends even joking about Psyche who sends message to someone a lot more than boyfriends (or girlfriends... or someone who have a crush on another) do.

What about your academic life? Is it as awesome as mine? Or do you have a similar campus site like I do?

1 comment:

  1. Online website like Psyche can really be a great tool for student all around the world. And with the fast-pace of technology today, a lot of tools are being introduced online. But, you should use site like this website that have a good reputation than other just pop out on the net. Otherwise, you can find yourself in a lot bigger trouble that you are if you would use anonymous website.

    ReplyDelete

Anything you want to tell me? Say it nicely, please :)