| About | Find me |

Monday 12 September 2011

Looking Through My Eyes: BACAKILAT

The last two days I had been joining a speed reading workshop called "BACAKILAT". BACAKILAT (freely translated as "Flash reading") is a revolutionary way to read. In conventional reading, people usually spend 3-7 days or more to finish reading a book yet sometimes hardly understand anything they have read. In BACAKILAT, a book can be finished within an hour. Yeah, that's sounds dreamy, but I have done the whole process myself and, well, it's do-able. 

If you wonder if BACAKILAT is some hypnotherapy, cult or magic trick, no it's not. BACAKILAT has a strong scientific background. The system will maximizing the power of human brain so it easily absorb every information the book given to the reader. 

There's a book I had read quite long ago without really know what was the book about. At the workshop, I read the book with BACAKILAT. After doing the whole process, I finally fully understand the book. I even feel like I have read the book many times before. The best thing is I can explain the whole book fluently with my own words. How amazing is that, huh?

At the end of the workshop, the participant were asked to write a "Letter of Commitment" to make sure that everyone would read numerous books in the next 90 days. I myself  set my goal to read 60 books in 90 days. With BACAKILAT, sure thing I'd be able to do it. The only problem is how to get 60 books to be read? The librarian in my campus might think I am nuts if I borrow a huge pile of books. Couldn't help myself laughing when I think about it :p

So, I'm going to make a list of books I wanted to read and I will put it here so I can see my reading progress. Moreover, I will review some books when I find it shareable. My blog would be richer in content as the reading progressing. I'm so excited about it!

Hopefully, my new reading skill will help me to get better scores and GPA. I will change my reading habit. I've set my goal, and I will get what I want. If I could, so could you :)