| About | Find me |

Thursday 15 September 2011

Looking Through My Eyes: Attitude 101

This is my first attempt to review a book. I hope you will enjoy it :)

Dampak dari Sikap Anda (Attitude 101 Indonesian Edition)
John C. Maxwell


I'm not a regular self-development book reader, so I don't really know what is the proper content for this kind of book :p

To me, Relationship 101 is a very practical book about how to properly act in our daily life. In this book, Maxwell briefly telling us about attitude; what shapes our attitude, changing or strengthening attitude and making a  life break-through by the proper attitude.

Some of the best part of this book is when Maxwell make us see that many events in our life can affect our attitude. By this, Maxwell asks us to see things, even the worst moment in our live as challenges which will shape our attitude. 

The other interesting part is how to lead ourself to have an appropriate attitude. The right attitude is important if you want to reach the higher level of life. Here, he give a detailed steps to be success by explaining the attitudes that barrier us from success; how to cope from failing and how to 'think success' so we can really reach the top.

Other than that, I don't find anything new from this book. But the vignette stories Maxwell put as illustration is a good way to inspire the reader. Reading this book to me is like reading a lighter version of Personality Psychology combined with some part from The Secret and Law of Attraction here and there. I think book from this kind has the same key point: keep a positive mind if you want to change your life. 

It's not a heavy book at all. Maxwell keep it simple and shipshape in explaining each steps. For those who wanted to change their life into a new level, this book is a good try.